Who we are?
African Relief and Development Foundation Popularly Known as ARDF is a non-Profitable, nongovernmental organization registered and recognized by Relief and Rehabilitation Commission (RRC) in the Republic of South Sudan. It was founded by group of qualified south Sudanese Nationals with experiences in working with both National and International organization. The organization was initiated in 2014 with an aim to provide development and Humanitarian services to extreme communities affected with poverty and crises and enhancing transformation of their lives and ensuring total health being for all
Why ARDF was initiated
ARDF was initiated, as a result of increased demand for humanitarian agencies which can reach the destitute communities affected by crisis. In addition to that, continues humanitarian reports of need for humanitarian agencies interventions to support the conflict affected population given us the enthusiasm of initiating the organization.
To enhance community access to equitable services by focusing on the areas of health, Nutrition, WASH, Education, food security and livelihood, Protection and Emergency Response
Our Vision :
ARDF envisions a society where all vulnerable group including children and women enjoy secure, healthy, enlightened lives and responsive environment that promote their social, economic, cultural and moral development
Our Mission :
ARDF work to save lives, build healthier, productive and self-reliant communities by supporting vulnerable population in meeting their need in hard to reach areas through provision of humanitarian and development services aiming to alleviate poverty, suffering and injustices.
Our Core Values
- Faith: The Organization will always work faithfully with its beneficiaries, partners and donors.
- Integrity and Professionalism: ARDF shall adhere to its policies and ensures professionalism; ethical code and truthfulness are maintained. The organization will always ensure professional practices to maintain quality service delivery.
- Governance and Stewardship: ARDF works to promote its policies and ensure that transparency and Accountability are maintained in all level of Management. In this principle, ARDF will always act timely in directing its resources, activities and timely handling administrative issues related to the Organization.
- Empowerment: ARDF works to support underserved communities discover and claim their Social and economic needs.
- Teamwork: All members of ARDF shall endeavor to promote the spirit of working as a team toward the realization of its vision, mission, goal and objectives
ARDF Major Objectives
- To improve the health of the community through provision of sustainable quality health care, Nutrition and development services to the communities by scaling up health services within the communities.
- To provide food security and livelihood to the communities living in poverty.
- To enhance the community’s access to safe clean water and improve their sanitation through health promotion.
- To provide education to adult and children in order to curtail illiteracy rate at humanitarian and developmental stages.
- To respond to an emergency situation like out breaks of diseases.
- To provide an opportunity to explore values in relation to child abuse and provide basic child protection services, information, conducive environment for learning.
- To contribute to women empowerment and sustainable development goals(SDG) through the reduction of Gender inequalities and Gender-based violence in South Sudan
- To increase strategic coordination and collaboration with partners, donors by sharing information, Skills and knowledge